The Block: Fans v Faves had its highest rating episode this season on a night when audience numbers were heavily compromised because My Kitchen Rules (MKR) was shelved.
The fourth-last episode of The Block: Fans v Faves attracted 1.829 million viewers to be the runaway winner on Sunday from Nine News (1.550 million) and 60 Minutes (1.372 million).
Normally, MKR would screen in direct opposition to The Block: Fans v Faves, but the Seven Network held the elimination episode over until Monday because of its AFL coverage.
That meant Seven’s programming was split around the country, producing heavily diluted figures and allowing Ten’s Sunday News to sneak into the top 10 with just 504,000 viewers.
Nine also had diluted figures with the final episode of Fat Tony & Co coming in 19th with 381,000 viewers after airing in only Brisbane and Sydney.
The final episode screened in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth last week, but was held back in Sydney and Brisbane because of Nine’s NRL commitments.
In MKR’s absence, Seven ran a special about MKR judge and chef Manu Feildel and his native France.
My France With Manu, which did not air in Melbourne or Adelaide, still attracted 813,000 viewers to be sixth overall.
Seven’s imported series Downton Abbey also did not air in Melbourne and Adelaide, yet was eighth with an audience of 694,000 viewers.
Most watched shows on Monday.
1. The Block: Fans v Faves (Nine) – 1.829 million
2. Nine News (Nine) – 1.550 million
3. 60 Minutes (Nine) – 1.372 million
4. Seven News (Seven) – 1.233 million
5. Sunday Night (Seven) – 892.000
6. My France With Manu (Seven) – 813,000
7. ABC News (ABC1) – 808,000
8. Downton Abbey (Seven) – 694,000
9. Ice Age Giants (ABC1) 580,000
10. Ten News (Ten) – 504,000
19. Fat Tony & Co (Nine) – 381,000